* The 40th ASME Mechanisms and Robotics (MR) conference
The ASME Mechanisms and Robotics community is inviting papers in the upcoming areas in soft-, flexible- and human-safe robot, reconfigurable mechanisms and robots, origami-based mechanisms and robots, rehabilitation and medical robots, and exoskeleton/prostheses design and development for the 40th ASME Mechanisms and Robotics (MR) conference, to be held as part of the 2016 ASME International Design Engineering Technical Conferences and Computers and Information in Engineering Conference (IDETC/CIE) in Charlotte, NC from August 21-24, 2016.
ABSTRACT DUE: FEBRUARY 2, 2016. FINAL DRAFT PAPER DUE: FEBRUARY 16, 2016. For more information, please see here.
* The Journal Soft Robotics: Call for Paper
Special Issue on Soft Robotics: The Path Ahead. Soft Robotics is publishing a special issue that will reflect on common threads that have appeared between very disparate approaches in soft robotics’ short history, and peer down the road to see what key milestones lie ahead.
Guest Editors: Joshua Schultz, The University of Tulsa; Michael T. Tolley, University of California, San Diego; Yiğit Mengüç, Oregon State University; Bram Vanderborght, Vrije Universiteit Brussel.
DEADLINE FOR MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION: FEBRUARY 12, 2016. Please address any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Post-Doctoral fellow and Research Assistant Positions in Soft Robotics (SUTD, Singapore)
The Bio-inspired Robotics & Design Laboratory at the Singapore University of Technology and Design invites applications for Research Assistant and Post-Doctoral Fellow positions in our Soft Robotics program. Candidates should have a keen interest in modelling and design as well as prior experience in any of the following areas: Bio-inspired Design, Multi-material Rapid Prototyping, Polymer Synthesis, Fluid Mechanics.
Please see the Popular Articles section.
Published Journal Articles
* Soft arm, manipulation, grasping:
- Versatile soft grippers with intrinsic electroadhesion based on multifunctional polymer actuators (Adv. Mater., Nov. 2015)
* Soft locomotion, compliant locomotion:
- Analytical model and stability analysis of the leading edge spar of a passively morphing ornithopter wing (Bioinspir. Biomim., Oct. 2015)
- Distributed flow sensing for closed-loop speed control of a flexible fish robot (Bioinspir. Biomim., Oct. 2015)
- Design considerations for an underwater soft-robot inspired from marine invertebrates (Bioinspir. Biomim., Oct. 2015)
- Evolutionary multiobjective design of a flexible caudal fin for robotic fish (Bioinspir. Biomim., Nov. 2015)
* Soft sensing, artificial skin, electronic skin:
- A skin-inspired organic digital mechanoreceptor (Science, Oct. 2015)
- A precise embedded curvature sensor module for soft-bodied robots (Sensor. Actuat. A – Phys, Dec. 2015)
* Soft adhesion:
- Wetting and phase separation in soft adhesion (PNAS, Nov. 2015)
* Soft actuator, flexible actuator, compliant actuator:
- A muscle-like recruitment actuator with modular redundant actuation units for soft robotics (Robot. Auton. Syst., Dec. 2015)
* Soft robot application:
- High-displacement flexible Shape Memory Alloy actuator for soft wearable robots (Robot. Auton. Syst., Nov. 2015)
- Tele-impedance based assistive control for a compliant knee exoskeleton (Robot. Auton. Syst., Nov. 2015)
- Soft exosuit for hip assistance (Robot. Auton. Syst., Nov. 2015)
- Soft robotic glove for combined assistance and at-home rehabilitation (Robot. Auton. Syst., Nov. 2015)
- Smart knee brace design with parallel coupled compliant plate mechanism and pennate elastic band spring (J Mech Robot., Nov. 2015)
* Morphological computation, morphological change, self-organization:
- Vibration isolation by exploring bio-inspired structural nonlinearity (Bioinspir. Biomim., Oct. 2015)
- Hydrodynamic function of biomimetic shark skin: effect of denticle pattern and spacing (Bioinspir. Biomim., Nov. 2015)
* Biological and physical studies:
- Stress relaxation for granular materials near jamming under cyclic compression (Phys. Rev. Lett., Oct. 2015)
- Effective wall friction in wall-bounded 3D dense granular flows (Phys. Rev. Lett., Oct. 2015)
- Experimental investigation on the morphology and adhesion mechanism of leech posterior suckers (PLoS ONE, Nov. 2-15)
- 3D printed soft robotic tentacle with new level of agility (IEEE Spectrum, Oct. 2015)
- Tube-free pneumatic rubber actuator (IEEE Spectrum, Oct. 2015)
- 3D printed soft skin for safe human robot interaction (IEEE Spectrum, Oct. 2015)